Social 10: Canada’s Mixed Economy
Canada began with and is still widely reliant on its agriculture industry. Because of its importance to the country and globally, different initiatives have been developed to help support that industry.
- Research online to learn about the following topics:
- Canada’s National Policy
- The Saskatchewan Wheat Pool
- The Co-operative/Credit Union movement
- The Canadian Wheat Board
- For each, find information to explain:
- why the policy or organization was necessary? (what did it hope to accomplish?)
- what effect did it have?