September 23

ELA 9 Sept 23/16 Rating Student Endings: #5

“No, my dear. Said the landlady. Only you.”

All of a sudden it feels like he is going to faint. “It must be from the tea” he thought. He goes to the bathroom and throws up the tea. Then he decides to go check in the rooms. He does it quickly and quietly. He finds out that Mr. Temple and Mr. Mulholland are taxidermies and laying quietly in their own room in their bed. Billy heads back down and starts toward his jacket and hat.

She notices that he looks fine and she catches him and asks “What are you doing Mr. Weaver? It is almost time for bed.” He says that he is going for a walk and she says she needs him to bring something to the post office for him and she is gone for a while. She comes back with a pot of boiling potion and tells him to take a sniff but he doesn’t. He holds his breath. Then she pours the potion on him and just then another person knocks on the door. He hears them yelling and pushes open the door. He whips out his cell phone and calls the cops. They get there and she is gone. They go check the upstairs and see the missing guys.

“Goodness gracious!! We found the lost men but just if they could be alive.” one of the cops said[1] . They took the bodies into the back of the cop car. They search around the house for the landlady. They find her in the attic getting all of her taxidermies to bring with her. She gets handcuffed and she has to drop her taxidermies. She gets a lifelong sentence. Billy gets brought to the hospital by that man. On the way they talk about the landlady.

“I am so glad that you came at the right time. I could be dead right now. Thank you so much!” They get to the hospital and after Billy gets treated for burns, and he is going to leave back home. Mr. Weaver asks the man if he wants to have his job that he is trying out for.

He says “Yes thank you! I don’t need this job because I have enough money but I will take it anyway.” Then Mr. Weaver walked to the train, got on and rode away. Back in his town he got back his old job, being as content as he could be. His work buddies were glad to have him back and they were happy that he didn’t get taxadermied.

A few days later on the news it said “Landlady dies after been held in prison for a few days”. Then he heard a knock at the door. He went and opened it and he saw Mr. Mulholland and Mr. Temple standing there. [2]

“Hello.” they said. Mr. Weaver didn’t know what to say! He was speechless. They continued on “We felt that we had to come see you. When the landlady died we came alive and all the animals did too. We have missed everything going on around Bath and we wish to come stay with you for a few days because we heard what happened to you.” Mr. Weaver couldn’t believe his eyes!!     

He said “Well come in and make yourself at home. Even though this isn’t home. Tomorrow I will be at work but you can stay here while I’m gone.” Mr. Weaver showed them to their rooms. They decided to go meet Mr. Weaver’s co-workers. That night they had pumpkin tea. Mr. Weaver thought that his tasted a little weird. Mr. Weaver went to bed feeling a little woozy and as soon as he hit the bed he was asleep. He woke up to feeling nothing and he didn’t know what happened. Mr. Weaver couldn’t move an hour later and he could hear the two guys talking in the kitchen. He wanted to go down and tell them to be quieter. Mr. Weaver tried to yell at them but he had no voice. Just then he saw nothing but darkness. He couldn’t hear anything anymore.

Posted September 23, 2016 by Waldner in category ELA 9