ELA 7-8 Five Frame Stories – creative writing/using technology
Stories include a Beginning, Middle, and End.
How interesting/challenging would it be if you were given Random Images and had to create a reasonable storyline that could tie all those images together as a story? We’ll try it and see!
Two Options: Create a Plausible Storyline (slightly serious) or make a Goofy/Comical Storyline
Supports for both options:
- Plausible, serious-ish storyline: you can use the websites linked below to find a series of photos that include the same setting, actors/models, so the storyline seems as if it all fits together smoothly, through the images you choose.
- Websites you can use to get 5 images in a series include:
- Goofy/comical-ish storyline: you can instead really test yourself by using a Random Image Generator to select 5 images for you that you have to then try developing a storyline to suit those images and tie a reasonable storyline altogether.
- randomwordgenerator.com/pictures lets you set how many images you want (5) and you can let it pick randomly or you can select a category (ex: animals). Then those are the 5 you go with for your story.
- You want to select 5 images for the Beginning-Middle-End parts of a story.
- You’ll add each image as a Slide in Google Slides.
- Then you’ll develop the Story details for the images to tie them together in a story.
- In the final step, you’ll audio record yourself Telling your story along with your images.
Image Examples: Series Serious (horizontal) and Random Goofy (vertical)