Soc 9 05 Worldview Expressed in Oral Tradition
- Recently, you worked in groups to read portions of a text that summarized the influences on Indigenous Worldviews in Canada. Each group developed a 3-point summary for each section, linked here. Student Section Summaries – Indig Worldview text 2021
- social structure
- education and influence of Elders
- Next, we’re going to consider for ourselves how we’ve been taught lessons in our families and culture. Then we’ll read about Oral Storytelling from Indigenous experiences
- Socrative Open Question Responses – stories used for teaching
- Text Reading: oral_tradition text – pg 38-
- Then you’ll do a Scoot Activity with a partner – answers will be given to you and you’ll have to identify what the question is for each.
- Rules for Respecting Elders: being prepared to listen
- Examples of Oral Storytelling – teachings
- Creation Stories – from many backgrounds – English recordings + pdf
After viewing question: What were the stories you heard from your older relatives – grandparents or even parents – about their experiences in childhood?