June 8

ELA B10: Jn 8 Computer Time…

1. Morning Grade Tens! Slight change of plans in our two-week schedule. Today we were originally going to look at some more poetry and continue into tomorrow. Instead, I’ll cut back the amount of poems we’ll study and give you this extra computer time access. I know some of you could really use the time to work on some things. Here’s your task in order of importance:
    1. Make sure your poetry assignment is finished and ready to present orally to the class for Wednesday. You must present it on that day. If anyone plans on being away that day, you must tell me in advance in order for me to make other arrangements with you. If you are sick that day, you must call and talk to me and you will present it on the very next day you return to school.
      (I know you are used to me giving extensions or a second assignment to make up for a missed one. With only eight more classes after today, that is no longer possible. For these last two weeks, you have to keep up and be on time with assignments.)
    2. If you have made your two copies of your poem and done the illustration on the one and typed or written out your explanation of your poem’s style, then you can work on blog entries. You all were given a chart that lists the number of blog topics you have, along with the elements required for each.
  2. You won’t get class time like this again this year! USE YOUR TIME WISELY! If you have to wear an Ipod or something to avoid the distraction of others, then that is fine, so long as it is not too loud.
  3. I will repeat the offer, as well, to make the computer lab available during noons, if anyone is interested. I know that interferes with your ball games at noon, but the option is there. It’s just a matter of priorities!

Have a good day! See you tomorrow!

Posted June 8, 2009 by Waldner in category ELA 10