January 7

ELA 20: Jan 7 “The World is a Beautiful Place”…

1. I reminded students the questions were due from the “Imprints” and “For The Man Who Finds His Son Has Become a Delinquent” poems before Christmas. I also handed back assignments, reflective journals, and gave them a current report card mark so they can see where they are two and a half weeks before the course is over. This will indicate the particular assignments they are missing. I explained on Monday that they can do these missing assignments still but have to see me about what the new assignment will be.
  2. We read through the poem “The World is a Beautiful Place”. I read it once all through and some students commented that the ending surprised them. We read through it again and discussed any terms or phrases that seemed unfamiliar to them. Then they were responsible to answer the nine questions on the handout independently. They did a great job of staying focused.
  3. I also handed out a poem called “At Seventeen” with a sheet that has two questions. They should come to class tomorrow having read the poem and filled in the responses on the question sheet.

The poem is actually a song that’s been sung by several artists. This is a video of Canadian singer Jann Arden singing the song.

Posted January 7, 2009 by Waldner in category ELA 20