October 2

ELA 20: Oct 2 Makin’ blogs…

1. We started out in the classroom briefly where I re-explained the expectations of their blog project. I typed out a handout for each that detailed the specific things they’d need to do in changing their blog to configure it for themselves. It also clarified the four specific things each of their blog posts will require in order to get as many marks as possible.
  2. We worked in the computer lab, then, where I tried to help make the process somewhat user-friendly by already having created their blogs and was going to walk them through the process with my screen showing them the steps on the smart board. There were complications and a little bit of frustration so we didn’t accomplish as much as I would have liked today but I am hopeful they haven’t lost their interest or enthusiasm for what the project could entail.
  3. They’ll have their mid-unit test tomorrow. It was written on the board early in the week and repeated several times for reminders. I also caught them all today to make the point to remind them. We’ll see how it goes tomorrow!

Posted October 2, 2008 by Waldner in category ELA 20