April 10

ELA B30: Ap 10 Hamlet acting on stage…

1. Students were given play books with their numbers written down. I explained they had to hand in the exact book they’ve registered as having. Handing in a book at the end of the study will not help them if it’s not the one they’re registered as having. Keep track of your books!
  2. We talked about the structure of our reading – we can listen along to the cd, read it aloud, or a combination of the two, but students have to really keep their focus and attention in order for our studies to be of value. There is some entertainment meant to be in reading it on the stage with people standing there in their parts, but if too much rowdy action goes on, it won’t be beneficial and we’ll have to go back to reading it in the classroom.
  3. Once on the stage, our volunteers got themselves ready in their costumes. I was surprised that the girls actually “wore” the dresses for their lady’s parts; I only anticipated they could wear them around their necks and have them hang in front of them. lol The students did a great job of portraying their roles, even asking if they could read for a bit as well. Well done!

Posted April 10, 2008 by Waldner in category ELA 30