December 6

ELA 10: Dec 6 Speeches continued / Intro Adventures…

quests-and-adventures-sub-unit-intro.doc 

1. We finished off a few of the speeches that were not presented yesterday. We caught a bit of the laughing bug just as much today, although some students did a really beautiful job.
  2. Once we finished, we started discussing the next Sub unit within this Challenges course – the topic of Quests and Adventures. We talked about what either of those terms could mean and the question was put to them whether they could think of any of their own personal quests of adventures. I’ve asked the students to consider sharing them, not for marking, but simply to think it through and analyze for themselves why that experience was a challenge.
  3. We moved along and started talking about a story we will be reading soon and I shared with the students the worst day I can remember when a former student of mine was killed in a car accident and how terribly the students took it when they found out at school. We talked about statistics of deaths from driving involving young people, nearly 90% of which are males. We were interupted by the bell but will continue next class.

You’re welcome to post your adventure story under today’s post. Click below under ‘(No) Comments’ and submit it there. I hope you enjoy writing it out!

Posted December 6, 2007 by Waldner in category ELA 10