September 20

ELA 10: Sept 20 Pc time for research project…

1. Students have a list of topics to choose from and find the information believers use to argue “for” the unexplained phenomena and the information disbelievers use “against” it. They had this period to begin their search. (I was pleased, also, to hear that several of them had already begun during some free time they had in another class. That’s a nice sign, to begin before the class. lol)
  2. Before we moved to the pc room, I talked to the students about the expectations for their work behavior in that room. They laughed when I mentioned that I had had the opportunity to see how well (or the opposite of well) one other day when they had a sub. I explained that their work ethic is so respectful and focused in this classroom and that, regardless of being in another classroom, the expectation was that they would work as hard and with as much respect for one another. They did a fine job, though, of staying on task through their searching.

Here is an example of one of the topics being studied: Ghost sightings

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/_EraLiGMRao" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]

Posted September 20, 2007 by Waldner in category ELA 10