December 19

ELA A30: Dec 19

1. I handed back some student work today. The week before last students wrote an essay in lieu of their end of unit exam. They were given the essay prompts from the 2003 Departmental Exam and had to write an ‘in class’ essay complete with integrated quotes and proper format of a five-paragraph formal essay. These were corrected, with comments and suggestions for improvement, and returned.
  2. Students were told if they want to make the suggested changes and type up the essay to hand in by Thursday they can for some bonus marks.
  3. I returned the writing students produced in yesterday’s work class in writing the Narrative Writing Assignment.  A mark was given out of three based on what they produced during that hour.
  4. We read through the assignment handout together to be clear students understood what I was asking of them in the assignment, what the expectations were as far as what would be evaluated, and the importance of focusing on an Event in this individual’s life and having a point of climax. Students seem invovled in this assignment.

Posted December 19, 2006 by Waldner in category ELA A30