June 4

B10: June 4 Period 3 of 3 writing narrative…

1. Students settled in and got right to work developing their narrative essay. I know some had difficulty creating a storyline they wanted to pursue, so people are at very different stages of the writing process. Since the class worked so well today though, I said I would give them an extra class to continue. Tomorrow, then, they will have a fourth writing period and will still have the computer time booked on Friday.
  2. I wrote a reminder on the board, and mentioned it to the students, that Friday is the absolute deadline for any assignments that are missing. For some students, this will determine whether they pass or fail the class.
  3. Next week, we’ll study the fantastic poem, “The Raven” by Edgar Allen Poe. This poem is the reason why there is a stuffed raven in the class behind my desk! We’ll be able to use him when we study the poem together.
    We’ll also be discussing the Shakespeare play Macbeth. We didn’t have time this year to study the play together, since we had to spend so much time studying essay writing. Rather than start a reading of the play, or do a poor job of it, we’ll discuss it and then watch portions of different movie versions of it to compare the portrayal of characters.

Posted June 4, 2008 by Waldner in category ELA 10