ELA 20 Oct 13/16 Assignment: Dramatic Reading Texts to Choose From – pdf
You’ll select a piece of writing that continues to explore the relationship between children and adults/parents and perform a dramatic reading of the text choice. Sample texts available here range from a portion of a short story, personal essays, or excerpts of books. One distinct difference between them is the emotion you would try to portray ranging from raging anger, frustration and regret, sarcastic reflection, and caring humour.
To prepare yourself to have a really good understanding of what type of emotional performance will be required, you could complete or review the AR Task attached with SectionA3 that views Yelp Reviews acted out dramatically.
- “The Broken Globe” – rage emotion
- Note: If you select this text, note that it only begins on page 37 and you would only read the parts highlighted in yellow. This is the dialogue of the old man.
- “Remember Mum When I Mocked You” pdf – frustration and regret emotion
- ELA 20 Things my son Needs to Know About the World -Bathroom Lights – humorous caring
- ELA 20 Peacock Essay – reflective sarcasm