May 27

ELA B10: May 27 Questions Continued and Poetry Assignment…

1. Students completed the question sheets in response to the video we’ve just watched. They had to hand it in by the end of class.
  2. Before they were finished that, though, I explained to them the Poetry Assignment they have next. They have to write a poem along the similar theme as the movie – seizing the day and sucking the life out of marrow! We discussed all that is required by the assignment and I explained several aspects of it for them.
    See the poetry assignment handout here.
  3. We will not have class until Monday, now, as they are doing their C.P.R. training for the next two days. I’ve created a day plan handout for them (click here)  so they can see what is in store during the next three weeks before finals begin. They have three assignments to complete and will not have the luxury of having extra time to finish them – they’ll have to be completed by the due date.
  4. Students also should start focusing on getting caught up on their blog writing. They will have two more added to their list from this Decisions unit and they will all be checked and evaluated during the week of final exams.
  5. If anyone would like some help, let me know and I’d love to lend a hand. You’ll have to push through these next three weeks, though, and do your best to keep up!

Posted May 27, 2009 by Waldner in category ELA 10