April 27

ELA B10: Ap 27 Exams returned and video completed…

1. Students came in today to find the exams they wrote on Friday marked and on their desk. They looked them over and had a chance to ask about a few questions they were unsure of. I explained that I tried something new in marking these – I noticed that several answers in the short answer section were exceptionally well-thought-out responses, so I started putting a star in pen beside an answer that was the best answer for that question out of all the exams. (When I explained about that, it was cool to hear someone sound excited that they had a star on their exam for a question. lol)
  2. Once done that, I let them watch the rest of the video. We talked about the novel afterwards, their general thoughts about it, and I was pleased to hear that they all pretty much agreed that it was a good book and maybe even stood out a little more than others because the ending was so unique.
  3. They’ll be writing a literary essay soon and we’ll spend some time this week going over what that actually means. They’re not allowed to “whine” about it, though, since I’ve proven over the last few weeks that I deserve their trust. lol

Posted April 27, 2009 by Waldner in category ELA 10