October 23

ELA 20: Oct 23 Readers theatre performances…

1. The students did wonderful jobs today of performing their readers theatres for the elementary grades. We all gathered together in the library and the groups took turns entertaining their guests. They all found something suitable in the costume box I had for teaching Hamlet, so it added a bit to their presentations.
  2. After the theatres were finished, they each found a quiet place with a handful of the students from the same Grade 3/4 class that tried out the Screamin Millie poem a few weeks ago. Since we have just recently read about and discussed the benefits of reading aloud to children, it was a good opportunity to pay the favour back to these children, but to also share a little of that imagination and wonder that only young children have through a shared story. It was a pretty nice way to begin the day and end the week.

Here’s a picture of the background I made in a rush with pastels. The paper took up nearly the entire floor of my classroom to do it, too, but it added a little something to their performances! Plus it has a castle in it, so the environment was clearly ready for some fairytale storytelling!!

Posted October 23, 2008 by Waldner in category ELA 20

1 thoughts on “ELA 20: Oct 23 Readers theatre performances…

1. danny7rama

Oh yess I remember this day… slightly hard to forget! I enjoyed doing this performance even though it meant acting silly and leaving my comfort zone. It was fun to make the kids laugh. I think that they did a much better job when they did there Screaming Milly poem though!

Reply