February 5

ELA B30: Feb 5 Comma quiz, more poems, “On Seeing England”…

1. Students came in and quickly got settled to begin their comma quiz. Once that was finished, they were to begin reading an essay given to them titled “On Seeing England For The First Time”.
  2. We continued with reading through the poetry on the overheads. Some of the poems were more difficult than others but the message was clearly the same – that the surroundings and history of each author was a huge influence on their identity, their search for their true identity, and their desire to feel a sense of belonging.
  3. Students were asked to paraphrase the final poem and hand it in. We began reading through the essay given but the bell interrupted us near the beginning. I asked them to have the essay read for tomorrow.
  4. I also asked that students try to create their blog accounts already to see who is having difficulty receiving their activation codes and passwords. While some are not getting them, others are getting them easily and quickly so we’re trying to work out those kinks. I hope no one becomes too impatient and loses their energy over this project.

Posted February 5, 2008 by Waldner in category ELA 30