In the A30 course, you’ll read a non-fiction and a fiction novel. Everyone has their own preferences and interests in what they’ll spend their time reading about, so I have several options for you to choose from for both these types of novel choices this year.
You can click on the link to learn more about the novel or read ratings/reviews to help you make your choice.
Non-fiction novels – we will be reading this in the first half of the course
- The Secret Lives of Srg. John Wilson – Lois Simmie
- A House in the Sky – Amanda Linhout
- The Truth About Luck: What I Learned on my Road Trip with Grandma – Ian Ried
- An Astronaut’s Guide to Life on Earth – Chris Hadfield
- Letters to my Grandchildren – David Suzuki
Fiction Novels – this will be the second novel reading in the semester
- Quality of Light – Richard Wagamese
- Indian Horse – Richard Wagamese
- Three Day Road – Joseph Boyden
- The Orenda – Joseph Boyden
- The Englishman’s Boy – Guy Vanderhaeghe
- Stones – William Bell
- The Life of Pi – Jan Martel
- The Diviners – Margarette Lawrence
If you have an idea for a replacement for either of these genres of books, talk to me and we can maybe include it in the list.