January 15

Hist 20: Jan 15

1. Students wrote their Unit three exam today. Some students grumbled because they didn’t study and wanted an extra day to study for the exam but they didn’t seem to care for my compromise of allowing them to write a more difficult exam at noon tomorrow. They all wrote and ended up handing the exams in one at a time with quite happy faces. I imagine they all did fairly well.
  2. We’ll quickly go through Unit 4 together that focuses on two other wars, nowhere near as devestating as the two World Wars, but equally as important in the study of world history: The Cold War and the Vietnam War.

Posted January 15, 2007 by Waldner in category History 20

2 thoughts on “Hist 20: Jan 15

1. keenermarc

Hey Katelyn!

My plans to list a few exam questions, huh? I was going to do that but then I just made some up in class and wrote them on the board, do you remember? I could throw a few your way right now! Would that help still?? Most everyone wrote the exam today and more than half did extremely well and I was so pleased.

Let’s see… a good exam question that might be on your version of the exam that you’ll write tomorrow…. hmmm..

1. Why exactly did the people in authority to penalize Hitler (Germany) after they repeatedly violated the terms of the Treaty of Versailles allow Hitler to gain so much of an advantage? Were they scared of his power and abilities or was there something else that they feared more?

2. How much did competing ideologies play in the causes (plural) of the second World War? What was new about the government ideologies then that had not been a factor in the First World War?

3. Education was a common tool of propaganda used by many world leaders to suit their needs. After the end of the war, how would education possibly be used or altered to try to reverse the effects of Hitler’s control and manipulation over the mindset of the German public?

4. There were several factors we discussed in class that seemed to equally play a part in Hitler’s ability to gain power. For example, it was near the end of the Great Depression when the German economy was so low. What were some of the other factors (factors that Hitler had no control of but certainly took advantage of) and how do you think things in History might possibly be different had these ‘factors’ not been all alligned as they were?

How’s that Katelyn? Since you have the advantage of writing the exam the day after the rest of class, maybe I’ll have changed it up and added a few more difficult questions to it. Think you can handle that challenge? Hmm?

See you in the morning… (I hope you don’t read this still tonight!! I’m even up too late marking. Get to sleep, young lady!)

Ms W.

Reply