05 Law 30 Resources
Links and media to support course content.
Unit 1: Foundations of Canadian Law
01 Intro to Law
- Intro to Law – links/videos for initial discussion of legal topics. Includes morals/laws discussion and Rules vs Laws text pages
02 Why do we Need Laws
- Why do we Need Laws: ROL/WROL, Inquiry Activity links: Venezuela or Rule of Law Index 2017-2018.
- Should Have Stayed Home (Fifth Estate documentary YouTube link)
03 Divisions of Laws
- Divisions of Laws – links to articles and websites for case law, statute law, constitutional law, procedural and substantive law.
04 Roots of a Pluralistic Society
- Resource Post – links and videos to understanding steps to Confederacy and our founding cultures
05 Fiduciary Duty to First Nations People
- Resource Post – links to help you research each of the questions in this section
06 Unit End – Review
Unit 2: Constitutional Law and the Charter
07 Changing the Constitution – the Why
08 The Charter
Unit 3: Criminal (and Civil) Law
09 Criminal Law
10 Types of Criminal Charges