04 ELA A30 Resources
The A30 ELA course is a Canadian Literature course. It uses literature to reflect on the history and culture of Canada while encouraging critical thinking about current topics in Canada.
- Link to tentative pace schedule to complete smoothly by semester’s end.
There are 6 buffer hours, to account for classes lost because of presentations or weather. You can also save 9 hours for classroom if you read your individual novel choices outside of class.
- Picking your Independent Reading Book – fiction or non-fiction. Check out the book options on my Goodreads A30 shelf here.
Common ELA Resources Blog Post: handouts, instructional videos for you, etc. Password is the same as for our Grammarly account. K_ _ _ _ _ _ _3 _ _
A1 Section: The Canadian Identity
A2 Section: The Land vs The People
A3 Section: Scandals of the Past
- Editorial Supports
- Inquiry Writing – Outline for writing this type of report essay
- Templates for your Article Format
Choose EITHER A4 or A6 to complete
A4 Section: Scandals That Have Lasted
A5 Section: Being Native in Canada
A6 Section: Marginalized Representations
A7 Individual Novel Reading (fiction or non-fiction)
A7.1 Novel Reading Book Talk (partners or small groups)
A7.2 Assignment Novel Critical Analysis Essay
(Use same password as Common ELA Resource Page: K____n3__)
B8 Section: Regions and Geography
B9 Section: Expressions of the Land
- B9 Section Resources
- B9.1 Assignment: Multimedia Video Project
- ELA: Sound Layering Supports for Poetry Project
- ELA: Videos to help remind you how poetry is spoken/performed (emotion)
B10 Section: Land – Past and Present
- B10 The Land: Past and Present Digital Resources
- B10.1 Assignment: Short Story Writing
Choose EITHER B11 or B12 to complete
B11 Section: An Indigenous Story Past to Present
B12 Section: Arriving in Canada Today